Pulp/Galaxy integration meeting

April 4th

Action Items

Priority List

  1. Collection signing
    • galaxy UI work and docs
  2. API rerouting ( released pulpcore 3.18)
    • next step: deploy to stage environment.
  3. Container signing
    • no capacity on the galaxy team for now

In the priority Queue

API refactor : phase 2

Pulp

Galaxy

  • Bindings not getting generated for galaxy_ng

Open PRs

3 Likes

April 11

Action Items

Priority List

  1. Collection signing
    • not a blocker: Customize the location of gpg and gpghome for gpg operations
  2. API rerouting (released pulpcore 3.18)
    • next step: wait until after cloud release to work in stage env
  3. Container signing
    • no updates
  4. Transition galaxy_ng to Roles
    • removal of django-guardian is merged
    • roles translation migration is being written now

In the priority Queue

Pulp

  • Pulp_ansible
  • Pulp_container
    • Lubos is working on PoC/design for pull-though cache feature.
  • Pulpcore
    • pulpcore 3.19 release is scheduled for today
    • pulpcore 3.20 will contain breaking chages in plugin API
      • bmbouter doesn’t think it will affect you much given the Roles transition is in-progress

Galaxy

  • Next pulp ansible release?

Open PRs

April 25

Action Items

Priority List

  1. Collection signing
  2. API rerouting (released pulpcore 3.18)
  3. Container signing
  4. Transition galaxy_ng to Roles
  5. synclist removal

In the priority Queue

Pulp

  • Pulp_ansible
    • released 0.13
  • Pulp_container
    • prep for pulpcore 3.20 release
    • adding option to stream content through content app from object storage
  • Pulpcore
    • 3.20 will have plugin API breaking changes (not rest API)
      • remove Django-guardian
      • more deletions: Look for Deprecations
    • Discussing what the next plugin API breaking change release will be. Current proposal is 3.25, so plugins can declare pulpcore>=3.20,<3.25
    • 3.19 has the swagger API that validates

Galaxy

May 2

Action Items

Priority List

  1. Collection signing (Bruno)
  2. API rerouting (released pulpcore 3.18) ( Andrew)
  3. Container signing (Bruno?)
  4. Transition galaxy_ng to Roles ( Brian M)
  5. synclist removal ( Andrew + Adrian)
    • production issues ATM

In the priority Queue

Pulp

Galaxy

Open PRs

9th of May in the year 2022

Action Items

Priority List

  1. synclist removal (Andrew + Adrian)
  2. Collection signing (Bruno)
    • waiting for deployment
  3. API rerouting (released pulpcore 3.18) (Andrew)
    • on DEV
  4. Container signing (Bruno?)
  5. Transition galaxy_ng to Roles (Brian M)

In the priority Queue

  • Logo sync / namespaces
  • PoC: Repo Management

Pulp

Galaxy

May 16, 2022

Action Items

Priority List

  1. synclist removal (Andrew + Adrian)
    • on schedule to deploy tomorrow
  2. Collection signing (Bruno)
    • waiting on API rerooting
  3. API rerouting (released pulpcore 3.18) (Andrew)
    • open PR enabling this, waiting on QE review
  4. Container signing (Bruno)
    • On the queue to work on after LDAP integration task.
  5. Transition galaxy_ng to Roles (Brian M/David)
    • Are there restrictions on prefixing roles?
      • locked roles: yes, user def roles: no
  6. Private cloud storage (Matthias + Andrew)

In the priority Queue

  • Logo sync / namespaces
  • PoC: Repo Management - waiting on PMs requirements
  • community galaxy replacement

Pulp

  • Pulp_ansible
    • need to pick an LTS branch for pulp_ansible that is compat w/ pulpcore==3.18
      • pulp-ansible 0.13.0 would align well with katello
  • Pulp_container
    • 2.1.3 is released and compat with django 2.2.28
    • 2.12.1 is released - it fixes installation dep conflicts between ansible and container plugins
  • Pulpcore
    • declaring pulpcore 3.18 as LTS
    • downloader improvements SIG underway

Galaxy

Open PRs

May 23rd

Action Items

  • [andrew] invite Tanner to next pulp galaxy mtg to give update on community galaxy replacement
  • [davidn] schedule namespace meeting
  • [gerrod] collaborate on bugs filed by Andrew

Priority List

  1. synclist removal (Andrew + Adrian)
  2. Collection signing (Bruno)
    • waiting on API rerouting
  3. API rerouting (released pulpcore 3.18) (Andrew)
  4. Container signing (Bruno?)
    • becoming higher prioritiy
  5. Transition galaxy_ng to Roles (Brian M/David)
  6. Private cloud storage (Matthias + Andrew)
    • fixed some things, and will give more complete update next week

In the priority Queue

  • Logo sync / namespaces (higher prio)
  • PoC: Repo Management - to implement collection content type (low-medium prio)
  • community galaxy replacement

Pulp

  • Pulp_ansible
    • waiting on changed from gerrod to release as backports
  • Pulp_container
    • no updates
  • Pulpcore
    • LTS convo ongoing

Galaxy

  • should we re-route pulp apis on all galaxy ng deployments and advertise the pulp apis under the galaxy api root?
GET /api/galaxy/
{
    "available_versions": {
        "v3": "v3/",
        "pulp/api/v3": "pulp/api/v3"
    },
}

Open PRs

June 6, 2022

Action Items

[fabricio] to release pulp_ansible 0.7.z and 0.10.z
[tanya] to schedule pulp-cli meeting

Priority List

  1. synclist removal (Andrew + Adrian)
  2. Collection signing (Bruno)
    • deploy in progress + PR up
    • need to learn how to use rpmsign to create signatures
  3. Container signing (Bruno!)
    • will start next week after LDAP work
  4. Transition galaxy_ng to Roles (Brian M/David)
  5. Private cloud storage (Matthias + Andrew)
    • skip this week so mdellweg can confirm this is done next week

In the priority Queue

  • Logo sync / namespaces (higher prio)
  • PoC: Repo Management - to implement collection content type (low-medium prio)
  • community galaxy replacement

Pulp

  • Pulp_ansible
  • Pulp_container
    • RBAC docs
    • uses queryset_scoping from core
  • Pulpcore
    • 3.20 on track to release on June 14th, all plugins will need to release with pulpcore>=3.20,<3.25
    • Working on simpmlifying CI
      • simplifying how we install

Galaxy

  • update on community galaxy replacement

Open PRs

June 13, 2022

Action Items

Priority List

  1. synclist removal (Andrew + Adrian)
    • deployed to c.rh.c and no longer using the curate task
  2. Collection signing (Bruno)
    • deploy in progress + PR up
    • need to learn how to use rpmsign to create signatures
  3. Container signing (Bruno!)
    • will start this week after LDAP work
  4. Transition galaxy_ng to Roles (Brian M/David)
  5. Private cloud storage (Matthias + Andrew)
    • Waiting on pulpcore==3.20 to release
    • Waiting on pulp_ansible compat release with pulpcore>=3.20,<3.25
  6. galaxy.ansible.com replacement
    • PoC available
    • bmbouter, davidN, and jtanner

In the priority Queue

  • Logo sync / namespaces (higher prio)
  • PoC: Repo Management - to implement collection content type (low-medium prio)

Pulp

  • Pulp_ansible
    • Upcoming y-release for 3.20 compat pulpcore>=3.20,<3.25
  • Pulp_container
    • Upcoming y-release for 3.20 compat pulpcore>=3.20,<3.25
    • adding import/export for container-push repos
  • Pulpcore

Galaxy

June 27th

Action Items

Priority List

  1. Collection signing (Bruno)

  2. Container signing (Bruno!)

    • onboarding to container signing podman/skopeo in progress
  3. Transition galaxy_ng to RBAC Roles (Brian M/David)

    • waiting on pulpcore 3.20 and plugins compat with it
  4. galaxy.ansible.com replacement

    • PoC available
    • bmbouter, davidN, and jtanner

In the priority Queue

  • Logo sync / namespaces (higher prio)
  • PoC: Repo Management - to implement collection content type (low-medium prio)

Pulp

Galaxy

July 11, 2022

Action Items

[bruno] write a jira ticket for verification changes

Priority List

  1. Collection signing (Bruno)
  2. Container signing (Bruno!)
    • onboarding to container signing podman/skopeo in progress
  3. Transition galaxy_ng to RBAC Roles (Brian M/David)
    • Waiting for cloud deployment. Date TBD
  4. galaxy.ansible.com replacement
    • PoC available
    • bmbouter, davidN, and jtanner
  5. Logo sync / namespaces (higher prio)
    • Namespaces are for RBAC only
    • Logos will be represented elsewhere

In the priority Queue

  • PoC: Repo Management - to implement collection content type (low-medium prio)

Pulp

Galaxy

Open PRs

July 18th

Action Items

Priority List

  1. Collection signing (Bruno)
  2. Container signing (Bruno!)
    • QE has a test plan
  3. Transition galaxy_ng to RBAC Roles (Brian M/David)
    • Waiting for cloud deployment.
  4. Logo sync / namespaces (higher prio)

In the priority Queue

  • PoC: Repo Management - to implement collection content type (low-medium prio)
    • started to work on UI
    • some issues to be addressed on AH side
    • Mockups:

Pulp

Galaxy

Open PRs

July 25th

Action Items

Priority List

  1. Collection signing (Bruno)
  2. Container signing (Bruno!)
    • need to upgrade pulp-container to 2.11 and that needs rbac
  3. Transition galaxy_ng to RBAC Roles (Brian M/David)
    • prioritizing RBAC work first
  4. Logo sync / namespaces (higher prio)

In the priority Queue

  • PoC: Repo Management - to implement collection content type (low-medium prio)
    • started to work on UI
    • some issues to be addressed on AH side
    • Mockups:

Pulp

Galaxy

  • mostly the focus is on RBAC

Open PRs

August 1st

Priority List

  1. Collection signing (Bruno)
  2. Container signing (Bruno!)
    • waiting on the RBAC branch to be merged
  3. Transition galaxy_ng to RBAC Roles (Brian M/David)
    • rebasing of the feature branch to get in sync with master
  4. Logo sync / namespaces (higher prio)
    • no updates

In the priority Queue

  • PoC: Repo Management - to implement collection content type (low-medium prio)
    • Architectural planning

Pulp

Galaxy

  • RBAC is worked towards merging
  • Deploying collection signing to CRC planned shortly after RBAC

August 8st

Action Items

  • [mdellweg] david, andrew, tanner, matthias, gerrod, brian? - meeting for sha256 uniqueness

Priority List

  1. Collection signing (Bruno)
    • no pending items, some UI issues/improvements in progress
  2. Container signing (Bruno!)
    • waiting on the RBAC branch to be merged
    • will submit a PR against master including dev env changes
  3. Transition galaxy_ng to RBAC Roles (Brian M/David)
    • almost there, hope to merge PR tomorrow
  4. Move Ansible Namespaces to pulp ansible (higher prio)
    • there is a WIP PR in pulp-ansible for Namespace model

In the priority Queue

  • PoC: Repo Management - to implement collection content type (low-medium prio)
    • Architectural planning - Ina/Matthias reviewed the doc

Pulp

Galaxy

  • RBAC is worked towards merging
  • Deploying collection signing to CRC planned shortly after RBAC

Open PRs

August 15th

Action Items

  • [rtfm] discuss the state of RBAC and content isolation and distill a common goal for plugins

Priority List

  1. Collection signing (Bruno)
    • no pending items, some UI issues/improvements in progress
    • c.rh.c soon but blocked on RBAC
  2. Container signing (Bruno!)
    • waiting on the RBAC branch to be merged
    • will submit a PR against master including dev env changes
  3. Transition galaxy_ng to RBAC Roles (Brian M/David)
    • RBAC branch merged
    • to be tested in stage
  4. Move Ansible Namespaces to pulp ansible (higher prio)
    • there is a WIP PR in pulp-ansible for Namespace model
    • working on tests

In the priority Queue

  • PoC: Repo Management - to implement collection content type (low-medium prio)
    • Architectural planning - Ina/Matthias reviewed the doc

Pulp

Galaxy

  • RBAC is merged
  • Deploying collection signing to CRC planned shortly after RBAC is deployed to CRC

August 22nd

Action Items

Priority List

In the priority Queue

Pulp

  • Pulp_ansible
    • revisit renegotiate coownership
      • overall supportive
      • encourage PR reviews
    • Can we rebuild the upload workflow with Pulp facilities like SingleArtifactContentUploadViewSet, deferred_validate, …?
      • currently pulp_ansible is reinventing all the stuff
      • https://github.com/pulp/pulp_ansible/pull/1176
      • pulp_ansible has 7 APIs for uploading collections across 5 viewsets, which can we remove? (from the generated docs):
        • /ansible/collections/ - viewsets.CollectionUploadViewSet
        • /pulp/api/v3/content/ansible/collection_versions/ - viewsets.CollectionVersionViewSet
        • /pulp_ansible/galaxy/{base_path}/api/v2/collections/ - galaxy.views.GalaxyCollectionView
        • (deprecated) /pulp_ansible/galaxy/{base_path}/api/v3/artifacts/collections/ - galaxy.v3.views.LegacyCollectionUploadViewSet
        • (deprecated) /pulp_ansible/galaxy/default/api/v3/artifacts/collections/ - galaxy.v3.views.LegacyCollectionUploadViewSet
        • /pulp_ansible/galaxy/{path}/api/v3/plugin/ansible/content/{base_path}/collections/artifacts/ - galaxy.v3.views.CollectionUploadViewSet
        • /pulp_ansible/galaxy/default/api/v3/plugin/ansible/content/{base_path}/collections/artifacts/ - galaxy.v3.views.CollectionUploadViewSet
      • We are not properly testing all these APIs in our tests
  • Pulp_container
  • Pulpcore

Galaxy

  • Any updates on the Namespace work?
  • Download log LGTM with (minor fixes)

Open PRs

  • want to talk, link a PR to the agenda

September 26th

Action Items

  • need list of “fast response branches”

Priority List

In the priority Queue

Pulp

  • Can we make a list of “fast response branches”?

Galaxy

Open PRs

  • want to talk, link a PR to the agenda