Postgres then pulp dead while uploading artifact

Problem:
While uploading 12GB binary file:

pulp artifact upload --chunk-size=20MB --file new.tar.zst

Uploading file new.tar.zst

…Upload complete. Creating artifact.

Started background task /pulp/api/v3/tasks/d7e08994-ca2f-4c11-8955-d170cde37379/

…Error: (‘Connection aborted.’, ConnectionResetError(104, ‘Connection reset by peer’))

Postgress database server (docker) dies
Pulp instance v3 (docker) dies

Expected outcome:
Not to fail

**Pulpcore version:**3.17.3

Pulp plugins installed and their versions:

• rpm: 3.17.1
  • file: 1.10.1
  • ansible: 0.11.1

Operating system - distribution and version:
RedHat Linux Enterprise rhel 7.9

Other relevant data:

@Omar_Marquez this may be a symptom of https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/issues/2573 , which was fixed in 3.20

this was attempted using 30MB chunk size,
testing with no chunking to make sure this is the issue

@ggainey Is there some simple way to tell from the issue you linked (or its associated PRs) for what versions the fix was included?

This is perhaps one area where the old redmine issue tracker was much clearer. GitHub issues seems very developer focused here: “It’s in the main branch, my work here is done. Figuring out what versions a user actually needs to get the fix is somebody else’s problem.”

You’re absolutely correct, github is suboptimal in this context. Personally, I use the changelog to answer questions like this.

I’ll leave my “the entire software industry is focused WAY too much on developers, than on users” soapbox for some other day… :slight_smile:

1 Like

On the issue, you can see the commit at the bottom of the issue that got pushed to pulpcore main (the one that says dralley pushed a commit that referenced this issue on Apr 27, 2022). If you visit that commit, it shows you the versions that the commit is in:

If you expand the versions, it says “3.22.0 3.21.3 3.21…”.

Also, if you are looking at the PR, you can see the commit sha and the link to the commit as well (in this case, it says dralley merged commit ba7ab5e into pulp:main on Apr 27, 2022).

1 Like

Actually, this method ^ does not work for commits that were cherry-picked or backported so I think perhaps the changelog is more reliable.