Katello/Pulp-Community Integration meeting minutes

Minutes of the Pulp/Community Integration meetings.

Hackmd minutes: Pulpcore/katello/pulp_deb integration meeting - HackMD

Template:

## date 1000-1030
### Attendees: 
### Regrets:
### Agenda:
* AI review
* Agenda
  * agenda items here
### Action Items:
* AI: ggainey to schedule next meeting 
* AI: ggainey to add minutes to GH discussion-topic, send pointer pulp-dev@
1 Like

2021-06-01 1000-1030

Attendees: quba42, mbucher, ggainey, jsherrill, manisha

Regrets:

Agenda:

  • AI review
    • release-wiki updated? - DONE
    • VCR-review? - moved to AI
  • Taking stock: Latest (for the relevant pulpcore version) pulp_deb versions now available for Katello >= 4.0.1; Now just waiting on the Katello 3.18.4 release (3.18.3 is meant to be released this week?)
    • 3.18.3 is, in fact, imminent
  • Cherry Pick the following to Katello 3.18 (before 3.18.4 release)?
  • pulpcore Django incompatibility problem (Issue #8691: Pulp fails against django 2.2.21 - Pulp)
    • bmbouter is contact if backport-info required
  • Pulp 3 Smart Proxy modes/features
    • Pulp2/squid setup ATIX uses
    • Pulp3/katello - plans for non-syncing pulp passthru?
      • mirrored-metadata support for RPM makes sync way more efficient
      • that and on-demand
    • pulp3 lazy - doesn’t actually store RPMs at all
  • Manisha will be working on CV-filtering for deb in katello
    • katello new-UI work largely in place
    • Samir working on CV-UI-side
    • new UI originally aimed to 4.3 - 4.5 may be more likely
    • if ATIX work aimed at 4.2/4.3 - focus on old-UI
  • deb-vers-compare discussion
    • deb-vers are more exciting than rpm nevra compare
    • working to get compare-fn building in pulpcore-packaging, migration

Action Items:

  • VCR-review - AI for jsherrill and quba
  • AI: ggainey to schedule next meeting [DONE]
    • first-Tues for Jul/Aug/Sep, same timeslot
  • AI: ggainey to send minutes to pulp-dev@
    • experimenting w/ GitHub discussions - post there, point from pulp-dev@
1 Like

2021-07-13 1000-1030 GMT-5 (rescheduled from 6-JUL due to mtg conflicts)

Attendees: ggainey, mbucher, jsherrill

Regrets: quba42

Agenda:

Action Items:

2021-08-03 1000-1030 GMT-5

Attendees: ggainey, jsherrill, msinghal, mbucher, quba42

Regrets:

Agenda:

  • We need a final path forward for deb_version_compare postgres extension.
    • will need to be in pulp_deb #soon
    • pulp_rpm includes as a db-migration
    • if we do that in pulp_deb, how do we keep in sync w/ work being done in katello-rpm?
      • having it in two places has downsides
      • building in SCL is running into build-obstacles
      • on the plus-side - doing it as a migration makes handling external-dbs much simpler
    • net: pulp_deb will mirror what pulp_rpm is doing
  • Seen on Katello: “Updated to use mirrored metadata for library repo syncs & capsule syncs”
    Katello/Pulp3 Integration meeting · Discussion #4 · pulp/community · GitHub
    => How to ensure pulp_deb is not forgotten as “mirror mode” is adopted by Katello
    • upgraded to 3.14 gave katello ‘mirror mode’ almost incidentally
    • katello adjusted to “just use returned publication” if there is one
    • look at pulp_rpm, see if pulp_deb can make it work for smart-proxies
      • broken currently, according to community input
      • need to look into katello-changes and see if verbatim-publication can be modelled/used as pulp_rpm is?
  • How exactly is Katello handling the drop in python 3.6 and 3.7 support (with pulpcore 3.15?)
    • build-team will handle all the plugins at once
  • pulp_deb nightly CI is perennially broken due to infrastructure issues => Where do I raise this issue? Task #8642: Fix nightly tests - Debian Support - Pulp
    • will bring up on OpenFloor
  • Best strategy for plugin_template application to older release branches?
    • community-discussion provided an answer
  • PostgreSQL function for deb-version compare in Katello (new PR):
    Refs #25978 #27625 - Add deb_version_cmp DB-func by m-bucher · Pull Request #9507 · Katello/katello · GitHub</title
    • katello to merge, look into applicability-pr for deb

Action Items:

2021-09-14 1000-1030 GMT-5

Attendees: ggainey, quba42, mbucher, jsherrill

Regrets: msinghal

Agenda:

  • Smart Proxy sync development environment with forklift?
    • atix having some issues w/ forklift
    • need a smart-proxy sync env, community bug reports in this setup
    • “proxy cannot activate puppet” at foreman-install
    • combining centos7-katello-devel-stable w/ centos7-proxy-devel
    • who should atix work with?
    • make puppet-module-existence match on server/proxy
    • open a thread if we continue being unable to fix
    • error logs:
vagrant up centos7-proxy-devel
    2021-09-14 08:49:23 [ERROR ] [configure] Proxy centos7-proxy-devel.example.com has failed to load one or more features (Puppet), check /var/log/foreman-proxy/proxy.log for configuration errors
    2021-09-14 08:49:23 [ERROR ] [configure] /Stage[main]/Foreman_proxy::Register/Foreman_smartproxy[centos7-proxy-devel.example.com]/features: change from ["Container_Gateway", "Logs", "Pulpcore", "Puppet CA", "Registration", "Templates"] to ["Container_Gateway", "Logs", "Pulpcore", "Puppet", "Puppet CA", "Registration", "Templates"] failed: Proxy centos7-proxy-devel.example.com has failed to load one or more features (Puppet), check /var/log/foreman-proxy/proxy.log for configuration errors
    2021-09-14 08:49:24 [ERROR ] [configure] /Stage[main]/Foreman_proxy::Register/Foreman_smartproxy[centos7-proxy-devel.example.com]: Failed to call refresh: Proxy centos7-proxy-devel.example.com has failed to load one or more features (Puppet), check /var/log/foreman-proxy/proxy.log for configuration errors
    2021-09-14 08:49:24 [ERROR ] [configure] /Stage[main]/Foreman_proxy::Register/Foreman_smartproxy[centos7-proxy-devel.example.com]: Proxy centos7-proxy-devel.example.com has failed to load one or more features (Puppet), check /var/log/foreman-proxy/proxy.log for configuration errors
    2021-09-14 08:49:25 [NOTICE] [configure] System configuration has finished.

Action Items:

2021-10-12 1000-1030 GMT-5 (moved due to conflicts)

Attendees: msinghal, quba42, mbucher, jsherrill, ggainey

Regrets:

Agenda:

Action Items: